Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Felicity's hair color

  1. #1
    Inactive Member spiritik's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 21st, 2003
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Today I received the Felicity doll which I had ordered for my 7 year old daughter. We were impressed with the quality of the doll and clothing as well as historical accuracy and detail.

    However...we noticed that Felicity's hair seemed brown rather than reddish. So I called AG and told them. The AG rep said that it was supposed to be auburn (not brown). She said that in photos on the internet and in the catalog that Felicity's hair looked redder than it actually was but was supposed to be auburn rather than brown.

    The AG rep said that they would send another Felicity doll but that it might also have hair which is more brown than auburn. She said that was the color of the wig. She said that she's had some other calls regarding Felicity mentioning the same thing about the hair and that she would make note of my comment.

    In the meantime we are being send another Felicity doll with a note to send a doll with auburn hair. We will then compare the dolls and (hopefully) choose one with more auburn hair. The AG rep also said that all of the dolls were guaranteed and that even in a year or two that we could exchange Felicity for one with more auburn hair if the next one we receive also has brown hair. She stated that Felicity would still be available at that time. I then mentioned her discontinued items and went on to tell her of desiring to have the items available (I posted about this in either the Felcity Info or Felicity marketing topic).

    Of course AG is paying all shipping on the re-sending and return of the dolls.

    I'll post here again when we receive our new Felicity doll to let everyone know what the hair color is.

    For others who have Felicity, is the doll's hair color brown or auburn?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member BETSYSLITTLESTAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2002
    Posts
    79
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    that is so weird...most people talk about felicity's hair being too red, they say its so red that it looks fake...whats going on...anybody have any ideas??

  3. #3
    Inactive Member bekeating's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 2002
    Posts
    82
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Please post to let us know if the new Felicity's gair color is more auburn. I bought a Felicity earlier this year and I would say her hair is brown as well - a big disappointment since my daughter is a red-head and wanted a doll more like her. If you manage to find one that is more auburn, maybe I will send ours back as well since it has never been removed from the box.

    Oh and I did write AG a note...it basically said you can't trust a picture. And that her hair has always been that color, which I know it hasn't.

    Bonnie

  4. #4
    Puella Romana
    Guest Puella Romana's Avatar

    Post

    I bought a Felicity doll in December 2002 and her hair is more of a brownish copper color than actually red. I like the color but I was really surprised that is was not more red.

    Yes, please net us know if the Felicity they send you has redder hair!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member spiritik's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 21st, 2003
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Like Bonnie's daughter, my daughter also has red hair (the shade of strawberry blonde). Among the reasons she chose Felicity is because she has red hair and is from Virginia (we live in Virginia). Like Bonnie's daughter, my daughter was also somewhat disappointed and when she saw Felicity she said, "She's different than I thought she would look." Still she wants to keep Felicity and hopes that the next one they send us will have redder hair.

    I've been looking at some images of Felicity on the internet. Some of them look like they have redder hair and others more of a coppery brown (like auburn).

  6. #6
    Sense Pass King
    Guest Sense Pass King's Avatar

    Post

    hmm my Felicity is a "senior citizen" [img]tongue.gif[/img] of 11 years old! Her hair is strawberry red and hasn't faded or anything,although I should ger her a new wig but I can't bear to cause she just wouldn't be the same.

    Please tell us what the AG rep says,I wanted to keep collecting for Felicity but the prices of her retired things put me in "sticker shock" [img]eek.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member spiritik's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 21st, 2003
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hmm my Felicity is a "senior citizen" of 11 years old! Her hair is strawberry red and hasn't faded or anything</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    That is the color which my daughter thought that Felicity had given the photos in the catalog and online. I'm wondering if I should try to find an "older" Felicity doll on e-bay (if the price isn't too high!). Though I'll wait and see the next doll that AG sends before I do that.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member *meg*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i have an older felicity as well. mine's 11 now too. i got her when she first came out and she definitely has red hair


    meg

  9. #9
    Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2002
    Posts
    781
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It seems to me that alot of people, in the last year, have posted the information that the post-Mattel Felicities have hair that is less bright red than the pre-Mattel Felicities, and they were all disappointed, because the character in the book has the color of hair that the earlier doll did. I suspect that many of the online and catalog pictures are old pictures on file, that were taken before the hair change took place. I also suspect that, to many people in the company, the two hair colors look alike. It's also possible that there are few folks left at PC who remember the old color.
    Joy

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Katie148's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    457
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I got Felicity when she first came out, and last summer she had an accident and I had to have her head replaced. I was shocked by the differences in the newer head - the hair was a definite darker shade of red, much more auburn/brown than the bright red of the old head. I eventually found an old Felicity on ebay with the original shade of hair and ended up transplanting that head onto my doll so she would look like herself again. For those of you who want a Felicity with brighter red hair, I would say ebay is really the only way to go. All of the newer dolls I have seen have the darker, more brownish shade of hair. While I think the new color is still pretty, it is definitely not representative of how Felicity is depicted in illustrations, which I think can be pretty misleading.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •